Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s reboots randomly....

I want to see if anyone has this issue and found a solution....

I've had my iPhone6s 64GB since Friday Sept 25th and I am having problems with it rebooting randomly. I feel like it reboots at least twice a day on me. A lot of times it'll be when I'm using Facebook or FB Messenger but other times it's random. I frankly wouldn't care about this but I think twice a day phone restarting is a bit much...there has to be some sort of wider problem.

Has anyone had this issue? Anyone know a solution besides a hard reset or restarting the phone?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:35 PM

I am having same problems. Been looking around the net for solutions before taking it to Apple store. I just received my phone Wednesday and it doesn't matter what app I'm on even Safari the phone locks up. Or it will randomly crash/reboot. Some games too will freeze up. I did a system reset, last resort will be system restore which I would hate to do.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 10:35 PM in response to Roman101

I am having same problems. Been looking around the net for solutions before taking it to Apple store. I just received my phone Wednesday and it doesn't matter what app I'm on even Safari the phone locks up. Or it will randomly crash/reboot. Some games too will freeze up. I did a system reset, last resort will be system restore which I would hate to do.

Oct 11, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Roman101

What's the update? Did you get a new phone? I another possible fix. I read where one pushes the buttons for turning the iPhone off till you get the onscreen option for turning off. Turn off, then turn back on. Repeat 5x's. I also let the battery run almost to empty and recharged it. So far yesterday and today no problems with it suddenly freezing and rebooting. I'll see how the week goes. I also removed 2 games from the phone that I normally play. Could be an app specific issue that has bugs that cause the phone to freeze and reboot.

Oct 11, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Lalaboobaby2

I have the 6+ 128gig that I had shipped to me on the 25 of September. I have had a few issues with reboots, hard reboots at random and freezing up that could only be remedied by a hard shut down due to unresponsiveness of phone. Last night I plugged by phone in to charge. Batter was at 11%. I used the phone at it charged to 37% and then locked it and left it to contiue to charge. When I came back roughly one hour later the screen was unresponsive. Just black. I had to do another restart. I locked up on the black screen with the white apple logo. I did not boot up after twenty minutes so I did another hard shut down and restart and it will not move past black screen and logo. I turned for off for rought two hours and when I tried to restart it again it gave the the "plug phone in" to recharge as it was saying the phoner was dead. I have tried three times to charge the phones battery and it will not move past the recharge message. MY phone is with AT&T and went to store and the manager was quite rude and send if it is after 14 days you must go to Apple get phone replaced. I am at 16 days.

iPhone 6s reboots randomly....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.