Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion wont Re-install

Every time i try to re-install Lion it stops working when i try to put my Apple ID in. It says "Temporary Univailable. Try Again later." Can anyone help?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 8:49 PM

I am having the same issue....have you been able to find anything?

10 replies

Oct 17, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Gupta05

Hi all,

I just ran into the same issue, and have spent my last 3 hours trying to find a solution or something like it. I've tried way too many things, re-installing from original Apple DVD also, and nothing worked until I ran into a post. It is from a guy who had this problem and solved it by inserting the previous owner's Apple ID (luckily for him it was his father). I seems to be a sort of security feature to prevent people from, I don't know, stealing you MacBook and re-install everything so they can use.

I haven't got a hold on the previous owner yet, so I wasn't able to try, but I wanted to share that with you since I'm completely terrified by the chance of this not coming back (some of you've been dealing w/ it longer than me).

Let me know if anyone tries and works.

Regards

Oct 17, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Gupta05

I did it!!!

Here's how I did:

If you you use El Capitan as I do you'll have a different layout of Utility Disk, so after you mount Lion installer, you have to restore the USB drive using the file image you just mounted

• Plug your USB drive into the Mac
  • Boot your Mac holding Alt
  • Select the USB drive

It will take a lot to load from It

• Choose to reinstall Lion
  • Done!

Oct 22, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Xander_10

So, I've tried it and it worked as well.

The only thing is that I did with El Capitan, instead of Lion, because it was not showing in the "purchased" area, not with mine or the previous owner's Apple ID.

It is running real smooth so far, I used the diskmaker app to make the bootable usb, with the OS already downloaded on the computer. It is self-explainable and very easy-to-use. Takes a little while though.

Hope this helps!

Lion wont Re-install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.