Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight Search will not work on iPad Mini

I have the original iPad mini and after I upgraded to iOS 9.0.1, I cannot pull up Spotlight Search by swiping right on my Home Screen. I looked over the online iOS 9 iPad manual but couldn't find anything in there that states that it's not available on the iPad Mini.

I can still bring up Spotlight Search from the top of the Home Screen but not from the right side. Any ideas on why this is happening?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 3:07 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2015 10:18 PM in response to Palarin22

Finally, I've found someone else that's having this problem! I've searched the web for hours on this and haven't had any luck. I've got one of the original iPad Minis, also, and have tried so many different things, but no luck. I used to have the favorite contacts show up on my iPad Mini before going to iOS9. Now all I get is the search by swiping down. Nothing when swiping to the right. UGH!!

Oct 4, 2015 11:02 AM in response to bobseufert

Ok, I just found it. Apparently my iPad Mini isn't a 2nd Generation (or later). Not that big of a deal, I guess. I do remember having the "favorite" contacts screen on my iPad Mini until upgrading to iOS 9. Apple is always taking things away that ****** people off. If they remove a feature that you must have, it kind of forces you to BUY their latest product. Total BS. 😀

Spotlight Search will not work on iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.