Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 split view - cannot see grab bar

I have upgraded my iPad Air 2 to iOS9 and the split view multi tasking is not working for me. I do not see the grab bar all. I am only trying to use with the apps that are supported, e.g. Mail and Safari, but no luck. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 4:17 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 9:40 AM in response to dprice6942

You do have the iPad Air 2 correct?

Try turning the Multitasking setting off. Force restart your iPad - no data will be lost - then go back and turn the setting on again. To force restart, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Oct 1, 2015 4:46 AM in response to dprice6942

The Bar to use full split screen is only present when you have clicked on an app on the slide bar. If you pull it down to see other apps then the bar to move over is gone. To see it again, click on any app in the slide bar. Note that the bar for a full split screen is only available on the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Pro. This is because it uses a lot of ram. The iPad Air 2 has 2 Gig of ram. All the other iPads (including the mini) only have 1 Gig of ram which is not enough to make it work.

iOS 9 split view - cannot see grab bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.