Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did Photo randomize my slideshow?

Made slideshows with iPhoto. My first with Photo. Why did it randomize all my photos. I need them in order by date as they were. Any easy fix for this? Other than drag.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 6:20 PM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Yer_Man

the problem is with Photo. Sorry. I was trying to say- I had succussfully created slideshows with iPhoto before I installed whatever iOS update it was that Apple chose to switch over to Photo and get rid of iPhoto. "Photo" doesn't keep them in order by by date as iPhoto did. I just copied and pasted them all back into an album which reordered them. Hopefully they will stay in order when I try again later.

Sep 30, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Scarlet Shamrock

"Photo" doesn't keep them in order by by date as iPhoto did. I just copied and pasted them all back into an album which reordered them. Hopefully they will stay in order when I try again later.

Which theme are you using for the slideshow? The themes with much animation will reorder the photos, so they fit better into the templates.You do not have much control over the sequence of photos, if the templates are using a mixture of portrait and landscape photo frames.

Why did Photo randomize my slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.