Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch drag from Photos.app into Keynote

I can batch drag photos from the Finder or Aperture into the thumbnails sidebar or slide sorter in Keynote 6.5.3, and I get a new slide for each photo. Drag 100 photos to get 100 slides. Cool.

But Photos 1.0.1 doesn’t let me drop them there. I can only drag photos into a slide editor. 100 slides becomes a real drag. Best workaround I’ve found is to export into a folder, drag from there, rearrange the entire slideshow, then trash the folder. Feels stupid.

Is there any way to batch import directly from Photos.app?

Using Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.5.

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 6:38 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary, but I already knew about this.

The main disadvantage is that instead of dragging in photos and groups of photos from my organized photo library into the right position in a slide show, I have to export all photos into an unordered soup in a folder. They import into Keynote according to their filename, and then I have to spend a lot of time composing an ordered slide show.

Also bothersome that this requires extra steps and potentially leaves extra gigs of redundant photo files on disk.

I don’t understand why Photos.app lacks the ability to drag photos into the slide list, which was normal in iPhoto and Aperture.

Sep 30, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Michael Zajac

I want to drag right from albums in Photos

Cant be done, this operation is not available in Photos.

I don't use Photos or iPhoto, too basic a feature set for my needs, all images are imported using the Finder which works perfectly.

puts up a pinwheel for minutes every time I use it,

This is not how Keynote should be performing. try the following:

perform all the steps in the order listed:

1. Remove Keynote; you must use an application removal tool for this procedure to work: Appcleaner is free
  2. Empty the trash
  3. Shut Down the Mac (Apple menu > Shut Down)
  4. Wait 10 seconds, then press the power button
  5. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key,
    release the Shift key when you see the grey Apple screen
    start up will take a few minutes longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair
  6. Restart the Mac normally, (don’t hold down any keys during startup)
  7. Install Keynote from the Mac App Store and install Keynote updates

Batch drag from Photos.app into Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.