Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Web Content Not Responding Error on Macbook Pro

Over the past two days, I've been receiving a "Safari Web Content Not Responding" error, and Safari becomes "frozen." Also, it sounds as though the system fan (hopefully that's the right term) is running, even though it doesn't feel overheated. This happens any time I try to use Safari. I haven't had any system updates in the past few days, and have been able to run Safari with no issues. I know this was an older issue with Yosemite.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 7:33 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2015 7:50 AM in response to kbellmer

Hi kbellmer,

It sounds like there’s an issue that is causing Safari to stop responding intermittently on your MacBook Pro. Have you already tried the troubleshooting suggestions in the article linked above your post? If you haven’t, take a look at the article, which I've also linked below this sentence, and make sure you’ve tried all of the suggestions that it provides:

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

Do you hear the fans come on when using any other applications and does the issue occur in another user account on your MacBook Pro?

The article below provides a lot of great information that can help you identify where issues occur and resolve similar issues.

Mac OS X: How to troubleshoot a software issue - Apple Support

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Eric Root

I have the same issue, called apple care support which told me to clean cache, delete history and do smc reset. Nothing worked so he suggested to go to an apple premium partner. Im very sure that they cant fix it either. It's a bug in yosemite & el capitan...

BTW: i can use safari as normal - it's just that "Safari web content not responding" is in my activitymonitor and the fans are getting at about 5000 rpm and my machine gets really loud until i force quit the task. The fans just go down and everything is normal.

Feb 11, 2016 1:26 AM in response to yoselm

Hi, after a lot of research, and obviously having the same issue (i.e., Web content not responding), I solved it by simply avoiding that Safari opens a new windows and a new tab on Favorites (instead, add any website or a blank page). Here's where I got the idea from: http://www.jiaaro.com/safari-web-content-cpu-ram/

Mind you that I tried every solution that is out there, including cleaning cache, cookies, deleting plugins, and basically disabling everything on the Developer menu. Nothing worked for me.

Hope it helps

Safari Web Content Not Responding Error on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.