Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast - We had trouble downloading episodes from your feed

Hi

I started a podcast and I want to put it on itunes.

My feedburner is here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/VCbkZ

so the feedburner can read from my blog and the episode is there but i'm getting the "we had trouble downloading episodes from your feed " error or "no episodes can be found error" when i submit the podcast to the itunes directory.

The blog is on blogger

What is the solution to this submission error?

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 11:17 PM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Adzos Panda

Your media file is hosted on Google Drive with a URL beginning with https (secure connection). There seems some inconsistency about whether the Store will handle https - it used to be dodgy, but more recently it has seemed to be OK. I still think it's better avoided, though I don't know whether this is the actual problem here. However Google Drive seems to be problematic. There is a 302 (temporary redirect) in place to another URL when tested in Terminal, though this does not happen when the URL is entered into a browser. Furthermore the Terminal test shows that the server does not handle 'byte range requests' (the method used by iPhones, and mandatory) so that would be likely to get you rejected (though normally you would be told if that was the problem).

All in all I would suggest you try hosting your media on another server and see whether that works.

Sep 30, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Adzos Panda

I'm afraid I can't suggest one. Most of the free services are limited (to size or bandwidth or both - heavy usage could run you into a block) or not useful with pure audio files as they want to be able to add adverts - you gets what you pays for. However most ordinary web servers will do perfectly well - you may have space provided by your ISP - provided that they handle 'byte range requests'. I can test for this if you want to try.

In the meantime two points: your filename has spaces in it. Spaces are not allowed in a URL and the feed is handling this correctly by substituting the code %20 for each space, so it's not actually a problem, but I think it's better avoided. Also the 'length' attribute within the 'enclosure' tag is '0' - it should be the file size in bytes. I doubt that this is the cause of the problem - I'm not convinced that the Store takes any notice of it - but it may be adviseable to get it correct if you can.

More seriously you don't have an 'itunes:duration' tag, so the Store won't know how long your file is and it won't show to subscribers until the file has been downloaded. Again this isn't a fatal issue but it's better to provide this tag. The format is HH:MM:SS or MM:SS, e.g. 01:32:45.

Podcast - We had trouble downloading episodes from your feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.