Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5c microphone isnt working and distorted.e

Hello everyone! I just noticed that after updating to IOS9,my microphone doenst work properly. When Im using FACETIME,SIRI,VOICE MEMOS,AND CALLING,they cant hear me clearly,there are loud noises and the sound is somewhat distorted. Hoping someone can answers this. Pleaase!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 7:00 AM

Hello Karbonanii,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the microphone is sounding distorted. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

3 replies

Nov 7, 2015 5:26 AM in response to Karbonanii

Hi,

I have the same problem. Only had the phone for 6 weeks, did an update and suddenly the bottom microphone has stopped working. So can no longer make a simple phone call, have to constantly put it on loud speaker. I tried a complete reset and tested all other microphones. Would assume it is a hardware problem, will be taking it into an Apple store next week as the phone can not even perform the simple task of a phone call!

My iphone 5c microphone isnt working and distorted.e

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.