Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening an .ics file

HI all.

I've got an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.1. I've been receiving meeting invites from my works with an .ics file on an email as an attachment. I try to open the .ics by tapping on it and get the following error message : "mail cannot open the calendar event because it is no longer available."

If I hold down on the .ics attachment I am presented with the options to open it with different programs but none of them are Calendar (default iPhone calendar). No other app the phone offers will open the .ics either.

I'm only using mail and calendar (no third party apps). If I go to a works pc I can open the .ics file straight away and apply the invite to my works calendar so the invite is there and valid.

There really doesn't seem to be any information online about this and I was wondering if anyone on here can help?

Regards Trevor.

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 12:16 AM

1 reply

Opening an .ics file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.