Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my app store say that "the item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store?"

After downloading OS X Yosemite (in France; however, I am American), why does my app store say (when trying to upgrade to the latest iPhoto since it is now no longer available) that "the item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store?" How can I download the latest version when it's telling me that it is not available in the U.S. store? I need my iPhoto back! I wish I had never updated the OS X Yosemite because I've had nothing, but problems this morning and my computer is running very slow!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 1:49 AM

11 replies

Oct 21, 2015 3:00 AM in response to petermac87

No, it is NOT simple!!! It is VERY VERY complicated and will take me the entire day sitting on my butt following all of these directions and leading me to no results. Yes! I am very upset and frustrated right now and it is not you're fault I am just venting. I tried all of this three weeks ago and I gave up! I just decided that it would be easier to just surrender and start using 'photos.'

However, today when I went to upload an image from my 'photos' file several pictures that I uploaded yesterday from my iphone are not showing. Here I have 100 new pictures to show people through email and guess what the pictures aren't showing. When I open 'photos' there they are. They just don't show when I try to attach them.

Someone might say, oh... just use icloud, or sharing, or some other really confusing and complicated application "it's easy." Well, no... it's not it's even more complicated. I just can't understand why simple people can't just use a simple application!!!!!! I'm in tears because this is so ridiculous that I'm sitting hear wasting my time trying to just be able to do what I used to do years ago when things weren't so complicated!

Oct 21, 2015 3:57 AM in response to Yer_Man

Yes, thank you. I've been using 'Photos' for three weeks now. I still prefer iPhotos, but since that is no longer an option I will learn how to better understand 'Photos.' I do have a questions concerning 'Photos.' Today I tried to attach a photo from my 'Photos' in a yahoo email; however, the 50 plus photos I downloaded yesterday from a road trip would not show. When I opened the 'Photos' tab the 50 plus photos do show. I'm confused why I cannot select them in attachments to send in an email. Any ideas?

Thank you

Why does my app store say that "the item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.