Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts not downloading iOS9.0.1

Since updating to iOS9 and subsequently 9.0.1, my podcasts have been failing to download. I have tried a complete itunes restore, turning off and on, forced reset etc but nothing seems to fix the problem. It has happened with both podcasts I am subscribed to and new ones I try to download. Every time I try to download, it goes through the motions until it gets to where it would normally say 'processing' and then it completes, but in my case, I'm getting an error message. Image posted below. Not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this specific issue, but I'd really like to know if someone has had this issue, and found a fix! Using iPhone 6 on iOS 9.01. Podcast version is 2.3. Tried changing settings and using both Wifi and mobile data (I know the picture shows a lack of signal, but just for purposes of the error)

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 12:39 AM

8 replies

Oct 1, 2015 2:10 AM in response to jdepung

Possible temporary fix for manual syncing: Download desired podcast in iTunes on mac. Select the downloaded podcasts -> Get Info -> Options -> Media Type: change it from podcast to Audiobook.

Ensure your audiobooks are set to sync and sync the device. If it works, you'll find your audio in iBooks on the iOS device.

Oct 5, 2015 12:11 PM in response to steague86

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Originally I thought it was the just one particular feed, as a second feed seemed to have no problems. I subscribed to a third feed, and it downloaded the three newest episodes but I was not able to download any previous shows. I am able to replicate this across all feeds now though.

Oct 14, 2015 10:35 PM in response to steague86

Well i've got my podcasts working again but its not what you want hear!! I did a complete restore to 9.0.2 without loading the backup so I've lost all my text message history. Ive had to redo all my settings and reload all my apps, I've spent several hours on it and its just about right. I had loaded the Beta version onto my iPhone before the general release which is something I would never do, so I don't know if this Beta had left bad files on the phone when I updated it to the general realise. If you are having the same problem and you had put the Beta on your phone then that could explain the Podcast issue.

Oct 15, 2015 12:31 AM in response to steague86

I had the same issue - I also had more general issues with ios 9.02 with it being really slow etc... In trying to sort the slowness issues I appear to have fixed my podcasts not downloading issues. I did two things:

Speed Up iOS 9 by Disabling Transparency & Motion

Some devices seem to struggle to render visual effects on iOS 9, by disabling transparency and motion eye candy, you can speed up the general interactivity of iOS on any iPhone, IPad, or iPod touch.

1. Open the “Settings” app in iOS and go to “General”
  2. Choose “Accessibility”
  3. Locate “Increase Contrast” and choose “Reduce Transparency”, toggling that to the ON position
  4. Go back to Accessibility and now locate “Reduce Motion”, toggle that to the ON position as well

Podcasts now download as they should.

Hope it works for you guys.

Podcasts not downloading iOS9.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.