Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.3 playlist view

I order my playlists differently. I need to sort by bpm, genre, etc.

When I create a new playlist there are no options to view any of these but my old playlists still have the bar at the top that can sort by name, number, bpm, genre, etc.

Is it possible to go back to the old view?

iPhone 6 Plus, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:47 PM

When you create a new playlist in iTunes 12.3, access that playlist and then click the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of your iTunes menu bar (not the top menu bar, but the one in the application itself). It is called "Playlist." By default, it is set to "Playlist," which I guess is the new Playlist View. Select "Songs" and that should return it to the view you're accustomed to.

You may find that playlists you've made in the past no longer have the option of changing the sortable categories by going to View > View Options. Now you have to do a right-click on the column titles. That will give you a dropdown menu with all of the sortable categories.

I'm no expert, but that's what worked for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 6:47 PM in response to Pablozz

When you create a new playlist in iTunes 12.3, access that playlist and then click the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of your iTunes menu bar (not the top menu bar, but the one in the application itself). It is called "Playlist." By default, it is set to "Playlist," which I guess is the new Playlist View. Select "Songs" and that should return it to the view you're accustomed to.

You may find that playlists you've made in the past no longer have the option of changing the sortable categories by going to View > View Options. Now you have to do a right-click on the column titles. That will give you a dropdown menu with all of the sortable categories.

I'm no expert, but that's what worked for me.

Itunes 12.3 playlist view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.