Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i upgrade my iPhone 4S to iOS 9, will i loss my lose any of my data like photos, contacts or etc ? Even if the phone has not been backed up for the last few weeks ?

Does any lose occur after upgrading to iOS 9

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 2:51 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2015 6:03 AM in response to NBA Murad

You should not lose any data but as you know, with any device made by man, glitches can rarely occur. I strongly recommend that you import the pictures as per below. All else can be restored in the rare chance that something goes wrong. I would also recommend that your do the update through iTunes and not Over the Air, you will get a whole new file set instead of just the changes and it is more reliable, less prone to issues.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

If i upgrade my iPhone 4S to iOS 9, will i loss my lose any of my data like photos, contacts or etc ? Even if the phone has not been backed up for the last few weeks ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.