Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am i getting "is not on any development teams" in Xcode 7 ?

Ok. so I'm a developer (new into the apple community) and I wanted to try the newest Xcode 7 !

And I saw that we coud launch any applications into the phone without being enrolled on a developer account with Xcode 7 !
But until now, i couldn't figure how to do that !!!
I've been searching everywhere and I dont know what to do for launching my app (only testing purpose) without having to enroll to developer thing from apple !!
Why am I getting this message on Xcode "is Not on Any Development Teams" ?

Is there anything I should do before I must try my app into my phone without enrolling ????
Thank you,

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 4:24 AM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2015 11:01 AM in response to Damiii99

I'm having the same issue. Had the problem initially with Xcode 7 beta on Yosemite (on a MacBook Pro 8,2 Model A1286); I'm now running Xcode 7.0.1 (7A1001) on El Capitan 10.11 (15A284) and still no luck.

I've seen elsewhere that people were having what seems like a similar problem on Xcode 5 / 6 and were able to fix it by removing and re-adding their Apple ID in Xcode. This did not work for me but it may be worth it for you to try. My Apple ID is one I've had for a long time, and it was formerly a free developer account when that was a thing. I initially thought this expired dev membership might be related to the problem but it sounds like that isn't the case for your account so maybe not.

I've also seen it suggested that making a new Apple ID entirely just for iOS dev may fix the problem but I'd rather not deal with juggling two separate accounts.

Oct 2, 2015 2:47 PM in response to SyntheticBiology

Well, I have already removed and re-added my Apple ID and it didn't work yet ...
A temporary fix was creating an other apple account, and add it to Xcode 7 ! Then I could easily run my application into my iPhone !
But there it goes with the problem in having two accounts ...
So I don't know ... I mean i wish my oldest account could run (I mean i dont know why I am having this issue right now ... ) but until I can't resolve this situation ... The fresh new account will be a temporary fix !
Can't we ask to apple how to fix it ? ( I mean ... isn't it suppose to be the right local for this problem ? )

Why am i getting "is not on any development teams" in Xcode 7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.