Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.3 error 7 (windows 10)

I can't open itunes after updating to 12.3, it shows error 7 windows error 1114! I run windows 10 and I can't solve it. I reinstall it many times but nothing changes. please help

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 2:38 AM

10 replies

Oct 3, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Mourgos

Please help me if anybody knows. I do what the article says (i delete with the specific order apple files for the control panel even everything apple i found from the search of my windows 10 laptop and i reinstall again) but when i try to open the app it shows "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 1114). I'm totally disappointed...

Oct 3, 2015 5:20 PM in response to Mourgos

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version, or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues, or for compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

If you've tried the above without success then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

May 11, 2016 12:01 AM in response to turingtest2

After installing Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511 x64 (KB3147458) iTunes Dont work, berofe installing - iTunes works well.

I try to uninstall iTunes with Apple software, clean apple folders, reboot, search for regestry errors and install iTunes again, but it still dont work, the same error.

QuickTime are not installed and in iTunes folder no extraneous files.

May 11, 2016 3:47 AM in response to dj0vitamin

I don't run Windows 10 so I'm not keeping an eye on its patches, but if a patch breaks something else then it might not be worth installing until they fix the problems it causes. Often such patches address a potential security flaw that hasn't ever been exploited, and still require the user to visit suspect web sites or allow untrusted code to run. Patching the system is a good move, but not necessarily essential. The only really secure computer is one that isn't connected to the web. You might want to review this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-wan ts-to-know-anyone-seeing-issues-with/8cc…

tt2

itunes 12.3 error 7 (windows 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.