Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to mark an email so I know the sender has read it?

Wanted to know if there was a way when sending email in Mail to mark a message so that when the sender opens it, I am notified?

From- A recent mac convert...WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO PC AGAIN. But still getting use to some of the apps.

Powerbook G4 PowerPC 1.5 12" Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Nov 8, 2006 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2006 7:41 AM

no. There are programs that do that, but they require everyone use the same program. I know outlook would do this. Inside a controled environment like a company its helpful, but when you start sending mail outside where people use all sorts of email clients, webmail, etc it becomes very unreliable even with programs that do it.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2006 7:41 AM in response to booyabug

no. There are programs that do that, but they require everyone use the same program. I know outlook would do this. Inside a controled environment like a company its helpful, but when you start sending mail outside where people use all sorts of email clients, webmail, etc it becomes very unreliable even with programs that do it.

Nov 13, 2006 1:38 PM in response to CTYankee

Am I missing something here? I've just decided to switch from Eudora to Mail and had, I think the same question. The composing window for Eudora has an RR block that I use occasionally and I'd get a message back that read something to the effect that the message had been opened. I've also received mail with "notify sender" and when I click on that I assume the sender gets a similar message stating I've seen his /her email.

So, Eudora has this capability. Does Mail?

Is there a way to mark an email so I know the sender has read it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.