Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not opening after downloading OS X Yosemite

Still not able to get my iPhoto working after upgrading to OS X Yosemite. Why did I even upload in the first place; it messed everything up!!!!!!

Going into my app store, clicking on my account, and looking for the icon to unhide purchases is no where to be found. I just want my iPhoto back!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 4:37 AM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 4:44 AM in response to Sunqueen04

For the past few days iPhoto had been gone completely from the App Store, but last nightt Apple returned older purchases to the App Store. There may still be maintenance work going on, so try again later, if the problem persists.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/29/older-software-returns-mac-app-store/

Which iPhoto version do you currently have installed? Has that version been purchased from the AppStore or did it come preinstalled?

Sep 30, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Sunqueen04

so I don't even know where to look to see what version I have.

Select the iPhoto icon in the Applications folder. Then press the key combination ⌘I (or use "File > Get Info" from the main menu bar in the Finder).

The Info panel will show the version number for most iPhoto versions in the "General" section of the panel.

User uploaded file

You can only update the version, if the number starts with "9". If you current version is at least 9.4.5 you should be seeing it at the AppStore.

Sep 30, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Sunqueen04

Léonie, my version for iPhoto is 9.2.

When I click on the iPhoto icon that now has a circle and cross in it (telling me that it is not compatible with OS X Yosemite) it opens up to the app store. It then tells me "In order to open "iPhoto you need to update the latest version." I then click on "search app store." When I do it then opens to a page that says "Item not available."The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

So now what?

iphoto not opening after downloading OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.