Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have done 4 complete restores on my iphone4 but it still fails to complete or turn on.

Itunes and my OS are updated. I have pressed both buttons on the phone to get itunes to wipe the phone, the system starts but each time it fails. I have turned off the firewall on the computer. (iMac).

It is sounding like the battery has failed, is it worth replacing or could it be a few things that have failed?

thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 7:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 30, 2015 11:08 AM in response to christineconder

Hey there ChristineConder,

It sounds like you are trying to restore the phone to factory defaults but something is failing along the way. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the system starts but each time it fails". So I would use the troubleshooting steps you haven't yet done from the following article:

Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes

If you are getting a specific error number in iTunes I would find the number you are getting in the following article and use the more specific troubleshooting for it within:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors

If neither of these articles address the issue you are seeing can you elaborate on what is happening when you try to restore the phone?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I have done 4 complete restores on my iphone4 but it still fails to complete or turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.