Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the iOS update my Game Center is gone b

Since the iOS update my game center is gone & my phone freezes all the time whatever I happen to be doing does anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 7:54 AM

11 replies

Sep 30, 2015 11:53 AM in response to M2516

Howdy M2516,

I understand that you're no longer able to find the Game Center app on your iPhone as well as occasionally being unresponsive.

iOS 9.0.2 has recently been released. Updating your software is always a good place to start when troubleshooting an issue.
Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you update your iPhone and still cannot find the Game Center app or are still seeing your iPhone freeze let me know. A few bits of information can help in getting things back to normal as efficiently as possible.

1. If you search Spotlight for Game Center, do you get any results?
  2. Is there any pattern (does it occur when opening apps, when there's movement on the screen, etc...) to the device becoming unresponsive?

Looking forward to getting your iPhone back into good working order!

Oct 4, 2015 12:31 PM in response to CarlAVII

Same problem here, with my iPad mini!

Game Center has not disappeared, simply is not working since 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates.

Double-tap the icon and... white screen forever.

If I try to check Settings>Game Center, the device gets freezed.

All games linked to Game Center not working properly (I can play them, but my usernames are forgotten... sometimes they get freezed too).

I contacted apple, and they told me to restore my device. Obviously, not working (that was the first thing I did when I noticed the issue)

Please please help...

Since the iOS update my Game Center is gone b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.