Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't map my controller to an instrument track.

I just got Kontakt along with a few instruments which I want to control with the macros on my controller but when I go to assign them the instrument track doesn't show up to be assigned. What do I do?

User uploaded file

This is what its meant to look like. (I found this picture online)

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 9:23 AM

6 replies

Sep 30, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Panziman

After loading Kontact, does it show up in the "Plug In Manager . . ."? "Plug-in Manager is a drop down menu under the Mainstage 3 menu tab. If it is not there, try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try re-installing Kontact and reboot.

Once Kontact shows up in the Plug In Manager, it should just be a matter of creating a new software instrument strip and selecting the Kontct instrument from the drop down menu behind the "Input" tab in the top half of the channel strip.

Hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Panziman

The problem you are having is that your channel strip was created at the concert level. That means that you need to select the concert and create the mapping there. The alternative is you can create the channel strip at the patch level instead, and then you will be able to map it at the patch level.

Also it looks like your channel strip is not set to sit on the keyboard (which should be the default, so maybe you changed something in the drop down when creating the channel strip. You can fix this by selecting the channel strip, choosing the midi input tab, and then changing what is set as the "keyboard" in the drop down in that inspector.

I can't map my controller to an instrument track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.