Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have an HP laptop with Windows 10 and am trying to install iTunes with no luck. I keep getting the following message: Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified.

Have an HP laptop with Windows 10 and am trying to install iTunes with no luck. I keep getting the following message: Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified.

HP laptop-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 11:13 AM

12 replies

Dec 3, 2017 4:11 PM in response to fgdfgbdfbd

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then uninstall it before trying to reinstall iTunes. If it won't repair try the MS install & uninstall utility mentioned in note 1 of the following guide. If it still won't uninstall you can remove all Apple components that will uninstall then use the steps in Install missing components to install everything apart from Apple Software Update.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 30, 2015 11:16 AM in response to luckypyro77

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version, or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues, or for compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

If you've tried the above without success then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

Sep 30, 2015 11:51 AM in response to luckypyro77

luckypyro77 wrote:

Is there a way to get it through my iPhone when connected to the computer.

No.

See the method in Install missing components (ignoring the advice to remove what isn't installed). What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

Oct 6, 2015 7:12 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't understand why, but none of this is working. I have tried the current version from Apple, I have tried the older versions for 32 bit and 64 bit and nothing works. When I try to download it, the following steps take place:

I give permission for this app to make changes to this PC

It then brings up a download box with status bar which goes through the following messages:

Installing Apple Application Support

Installing Bonjour

Starting Apple Mobile Device Support installation

Installing Apple Software Update

The status bar does not move at all during that time and I get the following screen:

iTunes installer completed

Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured.

Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation, run the installer again.

Nov 12, 2015 6:41 PM in response to turingtest2

I'm having the same challenges on a Lenovo yoga / 64bit / win 10 / with iTunes install.

Ive installed 7-zip, extracted the itunes package to a new directory, and attempted to launch files separately.

When I open file: iTunes6464 I get an error saying 'another installation is in progress ...', even though there are no other installs happening.

Which iTunes installer should I be using, some threads say to use the older installer etc. I'm running 64bit os.

any thoughts?

thanks for your help

Nov 12, 2015 7:10 PM in response to luckypyro77

Don't overlook the possibility that any security or anti-malware software that you are using on the PC could be the simple cause. For an easy test, simply disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus, try the installation, and then reenable the real-time scanner.

I have had Bitdefender Free cause failed installations of several software applications on Windows 10 with no error message that would point to that as a cause. However, disabling it allows successful installation every time.

Hope this may be the simple cause and solution for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.