Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6s 128GB. Get black screen when opening apps. Anyone else having this problem?

I just purchased the Iphone 6s, 128GB. When I go to open some applications, I am getting a black/blank screen. I have to hit the home button and then open the app, and it opens OK. This happens randomly and has happened at least 10 times since I have had the phone for the past few days. It also happens randomly on various apps including "Notes", "Twitter" among others. Anyone else experiencing this same issue and how can I resolve.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 12:10 PM

8 replies

Oct 5, 2015 12:50 AM in response to Nittany9001

Just to give everyone an update. I was in the apple store at weekend as this issue repeated itself even after a software reset and an update to 9.0.2. the technician at the genius bar ran a software tested and noticed a few apps crashing, most the usual big apps like Whatsapp and Facebook. He then did a diagnostic on the display hardware and thats when he discovered my display was failing hardware tests.

Apple of course replaced my phone under warranty. However just thought I would update this thread to let other know.

Oct 5, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Nittany9001

Just to give everyone an update. I was in the apple store at weekend as this issue repeated itself even after a software reset and an update to 9.0.2. the technician at the genius bar ran a software test and noticed a few apps where crashing frequently, mostly the usual big apps like Whatsapp and Facebook. I told the technician that my problem wasn't with apps crashing as when this problem occurs the app would still be running just that the display would go blank. He then did a diagnostic on the display hardware and that is when he discovered my display was failing hardware tests.

Apple of course replaced my phone under warranty. However just thought I would update this thread to let others know.

Oct 6, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Nittany9001

I'm having the same issue with my 64gb iPhone 6s running iOS 9.02. The issue just cropped up today. As others have reported, the screen goes blank the instant it is opened but still displays volume changes to the ringtone when those buttons are pressed. Usually I have to switch from the home screen to the app one or two times to get the app to stay displayed on my screen.

IPhone 6s 128GB. Get black screen when opening apps. Anyone else having this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.