Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after update to IOS 9.1 my phone turned off and broke

My phone the iPhone 5c was stuck on apple logo, then i reset it through laptop it turned on and updated itself to the latest update IOS 9.0.1 and it has turned off and broke and it wont allow me to turn back on?

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 1:25 PM

Force Restart your iPhone.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

12 replies

Oct 1, 2015 11:36 PM in response to nicolebrankin_

Turn your device off and then force it to start. To do this, press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

If this does not help, take a look these Apple Support articles:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

Oct 5, 2015 8:54 AM in response to thunderzzz

This has happened to be 3 times with 3 different iphone 6 plus that were all replaced .

This 3 rd phone that is giving me problems ive had it for 2 weeks . Did update like with recent replacements and they all did the same thing .

- charger - apple certified charger and adapter , charger works with other iphones . Cable works

- iphone was not dead when phone shut off and didnt come back on . Had 60% battery life then shut off randomly . No apps were open when this happened .

- phone has no damage , no scratches , water damage or been dropped in any way .

Woke up to my phone being dead. ( my reaction here we go again ) 😟

tried 3 different certified apple chargers and adapters . Different wall sockets and computer to connect to itunes . No response or charging indication . This all happened after updating my phone .

Left phone on charger for an hour , still no charging indication .

Tried Force reset , hold buttons for like 2 minutes . Still nothing.

Tried factory reset , still nothing,

It seems that everytime Apple creates a new phone **cough,cough** Iphone 6s ,you send an update that destroys all the other previous versions .

Everytime i update my phone it does this and it is very disappointing and annoying .

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP . I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS 😟 😟 😟

Oct 27, 2015 5:53 AM in response to nicolebrankin_

This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I updated my three week old iPhone 6s 128GB to iOS 9.1.. it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. iTunes tried to restore it but couldn't, apparently it was a hardware fault. Luckily I'm still under warranty so I made an appointment with Apple and got it replaced. Now I'm having the same problem with an iPad Air 1. I updated it and it was fine but now it's dead. Won't turn on no matter where I plug it in or with what cord. What's going on? I've never had a problem with all the last OS updates.

Jan 2, 2016 4:00 AM in response to Dancelikebeyonce

I had the same issue when I upgraded to 9 all my charging connections (which I had used for 1 year) suddenly no longer worked. (RED FLAG). I went through **** and had to get all new ones. I was fine until an update was requiring me to update to 9.1, with hesitation I had to do it, as my phone acts up if I don't update. After the 9.1 update I now have a stinking line down the middle of the phone. I find it very disturbing that it is only after updates that you have these issues. I have an iPhone 5c, and every time I have to go to an Apple Store for these problems, they want to sell me a new phone. I don't want a new phone with more spyware on it. Last time I was at Apple they did not want to replace my battery, but it was doing what some other people said their phone was doing after update. The battery showed charged and at 80%, but phone would kick off like it was dead. Apple did not want to replace the battery so I told them I would just go out and get an android because I am fed up with this stuff. They replaced my battery for free, but now I am having more issues. Did not have any issues with this phone until iOS 9 and now 9.1. They had me take the entire phone down and treat it as new, but what good does that do when it automatically installs now the 9.2 version! They still have the bugs in there to make your phone not work. I am living with an pretty much unusable phone right now, and will have to get an android before I lose my mind with Apple.

Apr 16, 2016 8:09 PM in response to Girlforfreedom

I'm having the same problem. Two weeks ago, I updated my iPhone 5 and my phone has been having unexpected shutdowns for the last 2 weeks. He checked the phone and it said 18 unexpected shutoffs in 2 weeks. A coincidence? I think not. When I went to the Apple Store and they also tried talking me into buying a new phone. I told him that I shouldn't have to buy a new phone because they have a bug with their update. He told me to put my phone back to factory settings and if it still had the problem then I'd need to buy a new phone. I did that and it still keeps shutting down. I swear they send these bugs out on purpose so they can try to push people into buying new phones. Do you ever notice a problem with your phone right around the time a newer version comes out?

after update to IOS 9.1 my phone turned off and broke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.