Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s plus gets really hot, battery drains rapidly

Anyone have issues with iPhone 6s Plus getting very hot with battery draining very quickly (-40% within an hour, most of that time idle)? Any thoughts or solutions? Thank you.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 8:51 PM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2017 2:14 PM in response to herbguy

My 6S Plus 128Gb iPhone has the same issue - gets hot, loses charge rapidly (drops from 100% to 40% in in 4 hours. This only started occurring after installation of iOS 10.2 update. Did a reset. No special extra usage from any apps, in fact I deleted quite a number of apps and then went to low power mode as suggested on some sites. Seems counter-intuitive to me; stop running apps and limit the phones access to roaming, mail etc just so the charge hangs in there is not a solution. Looks like Apple have screwed up with 10.2.

Oct 9, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Penpen28

What troubleshooting have you tried? Did you restore this phone from a backup of an older phone? I have an iPhone 6s, 64GB version on iOS 9.0.2, and I must say that this is the best battery I've had on any iPhone I've ever owned. I consider myself a moderate to heavy user and I rarely use more than about 2.1% of battery per hour, under the heavy usage. I would say there is probably a process stuck or there was corrupt data if you restored from a backup. If you go to Setting>Battery, what is using the majority of your battery? The culprits are listed in order, highest first. That will help you identify and troubleshoot the problem app or apps. User troubleshooting includes restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Test after each step. If you get to restore as new, test this without adding any additional content. If you still see this rapid battery drain, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the device examined.

iPhone 6s plus gets really hot, battery drains rapidly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.