Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen freezing HELP!

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, my MacBook Pro 13" was constantly freezing I thought it was a virus so decided to format it.

When formatting my ssd it freezed again I waited an hour and I had to shutdown my Mac.

Now I dont have any os on it but when I boot in recovery mode it connects to internet and finally I can reinstall os x (Maveriks) but this also freezes while installing!!!!

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 10:16 PM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2015 8:14 AM in response to AllUsernamesExist

Howdy,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue with your MacBook Pro that is causing it to stop responding intermittently and the issue is preventing you from reinstalling OS X Mavericks. What do you see on the screen when the issue occurs?

If you haven't already, take a look at the article below and try using Apple Diagnostics to identify any potential hardware issues.

OS X Mavericks: Use Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test

If Apple Diagnostics doesn't find a hardware issue, try reinstalling OS Mavericks again after resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac. The article below will walk you through the process of resetting the SMC on your MacBook Pro.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If the device has a hardware issue, use this Service Answer Center webpage to set up repair service for the device:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Cheers.

Screen freezing HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.