Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting to Word format doesn't work in latest Pages.

Since the latest update, Pages can't make Word format documents, or it takes ages to make one. Tried on iPad mini3, air2, both iOs 9.0.1. Any advice?

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 1:03 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2015 4:37 AM in response to PACoug

Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

I do know that 9.0.2 fixed the iworks file conversion fro most users (for everyone I personally know that used them and many folks posting on the forum).

Docusign I can't address. you might try contacting the vendor.

Oct 5, 2015 8:38 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I have done more hard restarts than you can shake a stick at. They have no effect. I am right now deleting and reinstalling Pages and will follow that with yet another hard restart. My guess is it still won't work. My wife is waiting for permission from her company to update to iOS 9 and all these functions still work fine on her 5s. Only on my fancy iPhone 6 do I have these crippling malfunctions.

Oct 5, 2015 10:36 AM in response to PACoug

For others having this problem:

I deleted and reinstalled Pages, forced a hard reboot of iOS 9, and tried to do a sample Word conversion of a random document. Pages hung up with the status bar at about 15 percent complete.

i laid the phone down and worked on something else. It took almost an hour but finally Pages managed the conversion.

Now every conversion Pages-->Word is effortless and instantaneous. I don't know what Pages had to think through, but it now works.

Time will tell.

Converting to Word format doesn't work in latest Pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.