Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to configure APPLE MAIL (imac G5 os x10.5.8)with server(pop)

I am having problems connecting my mail to the server and sending/receiving messages through the MAIL feature..also getting pop ups asking for passwords which isn't recognized. How do I configure. The server only uses POP. Can I use IMAP also? I would like to change all passwords because now I'm just confused

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), mail will not connect

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 1:31 PM

also getting pop ups asking for passwords which isn't recognized. How do I configure.

This is frustrating. It is best to wait a day and try again. Sometimes this problem has gone away for me. It could be the server is ill or bad communications. Has this persisted over several days?

The server only uses POP. Can I use IMAP also?

No. You must use POP if that is all the server supports.

Is this verizon? What is your isp?

Can you logon to your email from a web browser?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2015 1:31 PM in response to workrabbit

also getting pop ups asking for passwords which isn't recognized. How do I configure.

This is frustrating. It is best to wait a day and try again. Sometimes this problem has gone away for me. It could be the server is ill or bad communications. Has this persisted over several days?

The server only uses POP. Can I use IMAP also?

No. You must use POP if that is all the server supports.

Is this verizon? What is your isp?

Can you logon to your email from a web browser?

Oct 2, 2015 10:15 AM in response to workrabbit

Here are three things to try:

1) This web link implies that imap works, but century.com doesn't provide technical support.

http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/email-server-settings-1.html

At least the iphone defaults to imap.

2) You may want to try the thunderbird email client. It will have the latest enhancements, which 10.5.8 mail will not. The latest email clients fill in most of the mail parameters. You provide only the password. [ forget if Thunderbird does this or not ]

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

3) To copy your pictures, I'd install dropbox.com on all your devices.

how to configure APPLE MAIL (imac G5 os x10.5.8)with server(pop)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.