Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i recover a pdf file deleted from ibooks

Accidentaly I have deleted some PDF files from iBooks in my iPad. How can I recover them?

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 12:13 AM

Do you have them in the Books section of your computer's iTunes library (iBooks app if using an up-to-date Mac) ? If you do then you should be able to sync them back.

If not then redownload them from where you originally got them from (PDFs in the iBooks app are not included in a device's backup, neither iCloud nor iTunes, so restoring to a backup won't put them back ; an iTunes restore would look to pick them up from your computer's iTunes/iBooks library).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2015 12:13 AM in response to Jose Vedana

Do you have them in the Books section of your computer's iTunes library (iBooks app if using an up-to-date Mac) ? If you do then you should be able to sync them back.

If not then redownload them from where you originally got them from (PDFs in the iBooks app are not included in a device's backup, neither iCloud nor iTunes, so restoring to a backup won't put them back ; an iTunes restore would look to pick them up from your computer's iTunes/iBooks library).

how can i recover a pdf file deleted from ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.