Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.2, phone does not automatically restart after switching from zoom to standard view, also home screen still does not rotate even after switching to standard view, the lock is not on

iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.0.2, phone does not automatically restart after switching from zoom to standard view. Also home screen will not rotate even after switching to standard view, and the rotation lock is not on.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2015 10:25 PM

7 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:17 AM in response to Hpalmer84

I have the same rotation issue on the home screen of my 6s Plus. The autorotation does not work until i touch a folder or app. It is very annoying. I'd turn the autorotation completely off because I don't really need it on home screen but then it's off for everything, even apps where it's needed. I've tried all solutions- reset all settings, compass calibration (found that idea on old 6 Plus forum....apparently the issue happened before 6s Plus's came out), turn zoom mode on/off again, made sure I'm only in standard view.... some of the fixes work for a while....but then the problem starts again. Anybody else have any success fixing this problem to relate before I go talk to the "geniuses"?

Oct 20, 2015 7:59 AM in response to Hpalmer84

Brand new iphone 6s Plus (64GB) with iOS9.0.2 with the same exact problem. The home screen does not rotate to landscape mode.

Applications like mail, Safari and many pthers, do rotate to landscape mode with no problems.

Reset all setting does resolve the problem for a day or two, but the problem re-apears again after that.

This is not the correct solution. Doing this is a real pain and it doe not hold for more the 24-48 hours.

iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9.2, phone does not automatically restart after switching from zoom to standard view, also home screen still does not rotate even after switching to standard view, the lock is not on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.