Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth problem - iPhone 6s, os9, BMW

I just wondered has anyone else had issues connecting an iPhone 6s with os9 to a BMW? Or any car?

My previous 5s also running os9 worked fine.

I'm going into the bluetooth menu on the car, setting it to add device. Opening bluetooth on my phone to add a new device, I see the car and select. But it's then not receiving the passcode to enter into the car..... It's getting frustrating as I use the phone alot!

I've updated the car software, and running the latest 9.0.2.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 12:38 AM

18 replies

Oct 4, 2015 7:00 AM in response to apn70

I have a very strange problem - when I start my 2011 F10, my iPhone 6plus that is on 9.0.2 seemed to be trying to call its own number although this is shown on the iDrive screen and NOT on the iPhone 6+ screen. Neither the usual buttons on the iDrive controller nor those on the steering would allow me to "hang up" that "call". Turning off bluetooth on the iPhone did the trick!

My telephone configuration on the F10 is such:

1. A Blackberry Z10 set as "Telephone" with Contacts transferred to iDrive.

2. A iPhone 6+ set as "Additional Telephone" with Bluetooth Audio

My experience with the Blackberries were very good but I can't say the same for the iPhones I had over the years.

Oct 9, 2015 9:48 AM in response to smartsim

Do you have "Hey Siri" turned on on your iPhone? When I got the new 6s I had the exact same auto-dial my own number issue. Turning off "Hey Siri" stopped the auto-dial problem for me. (I think that since "Hey Siri" has the microphone on all the time listening for "Hey Siri," the BMW thinks that you are trying to make a voice command and it gets confused.)

BTW, I have a 2015 328ix and an iPhone 6s. In addition to the auto-dial issue, I have strange music issues as well. Sometimes the phone won't pair, sometimes it will pair but doesn't play music, sometimes it seems to randomly pick music to play. And sometimes it works ok over bluetooth. But connecting with a USB cable was a total failure--the car didn't see the phone at all. Used to all work fine with ios8 on my older 5s phone. Hoping 9.1 fixes all of this!

Nov 2, 2015 11:14 PM in response to apn70

Hi there,

are you all now satisfied with iOS 9.1 and all your problems are gone ? Well not than mine ...

I have a BMW F11 and with my IP4S and iOS 9.0.1/ 9.0.2 all was fine. But since IP6S with now iOS 9.1 no normal bluetooth connection is possible. Once after seconds the connection is lost and only a reboot of the IP6S helps. In an other case the connection produces noise like scratching records.

Does anybody have the same failure or does everybody has no failures at all since the iOS update to version 9.1 ?

Thanks for posts/reply.

Stefan

Nov 6, 2015 11:07 AM in response to chekker13

Scratch record? Gott he same issue with my Apple products. Have BMW F25 from 2011 with all the updates imaginable, as well as a month-old Ipad Air 2 and a 2-month old IPhone 6, both running IOs 9.1. Initially the Bluetooth paring came and went every other second, I couldn't listen for a full bar until the music was cut. After endless nuke-em repairs and re-pairing I have come to the stage where the iPad at least can play music via Bluetooth, but with this very annoying scratching even though it comes from high-quality digital source, downloaded files that I have used before and there is NO scratching in them! Both the phone and the iPad worked fine in the state they came out of the package, so boy do I regret upgrading them! My local Apple support says they can't be bothered with car connectivity as it is so buggy and up to the car manufacturer, and the local BMW service wants the equivalent of some 200 USD to start! fault-finding...

bluetooth problem - iPhone 6s, os9, BMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.