Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4G 6.1.6 - (latest compatible) Apps removed by every sync

Hi!

I've a problem with apps on my iPod Touch 4G with the latest available iOS 6.1.6. Everything was okay until summer 2015 with the respectively latest iTunes version. But for the few last weeks (not sure from which exact iTunes version on) most (not all) installed Apps were removed from iPod by every sync with iTunes.

It's still possible to install these apps directly on the iPod (using the App-Store app on the iPod). The App-Store app asks me to install the latest compatible version - I confirm this and the app is on the iPod. By the next sync with iTunes the apps were removed again without asking me. Only a few remain on the iPod.

Is this a known problem? Is this because of the old iOS? The iTunes store / my account is activated on the PC. Both devices are activated for my account (my iPod Touch and my iPad 4). The iPad (iOS 9.0.2) is working without problems.

- iTunes 12.3.044 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

- iPod Touch 4G 32 GB with iOS 6.1.6 (the problematic device)

Windows User Account Control shouldn't be the problem - I use a non-admin account with iTunes, but I'm able to use the admin rights if needed.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and (hopefully) help

Regards

Berni

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 12:38 AM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2015 1:38 AM in response to lllaass

I know, that it should be possible to disable app synching for the iPod device. When the iPod is connected to iTunes I have the option to enable or disable the synchronisation for all categories (Music, Videos, ...) - but NOT for the apps. This option is not provided (not greyed out - it is missing completely) in the app section. In the app section there is only the option to enable or disable the "Automatic installation of new apps", which is disabled (this is after/under the list of apps on the left side of the apps in library).

Oct 1, 2015 2:13 AM in response to BernisPod

Maybe the whole problem is related to the bidirectional app sync problem reported for iTunes 12.3. If the iPod can't "copy" its apps into iTunes, iTunes doesn't know about these (latest compatible and installed) app versions on the iPod and wants to install the newer versions (iPad app versions) from library resulting in not-compatible and so removed apps..

iPod Touch 4G 6.1.6 - (latest compatible) Apps removed by every sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.