Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preview cannot perform search request

I just updated to El Capitan and I found out that the Preview couldn't do search. I have database of pdf format and I used to search the numbers in that file. But now Preview couldn't search for anything.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 2:21 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2016 9:34 AM in response to yangyang_zhang

I'm having a similar problem in Preview. I can search a PDF and it will tell me that the word is found on Page x but it won't take me there like it always did before El Cap. Telling me what page the word is on is not as quick or helpful as just taking me right to the word was - I'm searching some loooooong documents. Funny thing it that even if I'm searching with the side thumbnails turned off, the search request pops up a thumbnail of the page the word is on. BUT clicking that thumbnail doesn't take me to the page, let alone the word. Worked fast and flawlessly in Yosemite so I assume this is an El Cap bug... or removed feature?!

preview cannot perform search request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.