Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to the App Store / Safari problems with SSL certificates

Hello

I downloaded and installed El Capitan without any problems. There were no errors during installation and the whole process was finished in less than 30 minutes.

Once logged in I noticed that App store always comes up with Cannot connect to the App Store. Next was that all SSL certificates were invalid for any secure website (including Apple). I tested those same websites with Firefox and they worked just fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this same or similar problem and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Paul

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 6:11 AM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2015 7:27 AM in response to PauliJr

Hi

The excat problem occurs on my (old) MacBook Pro 17" (mid-2010).

I do not only have trouble with the App Store, but with all iCloud-Services (iCloud, iTunes asf.).

I can log in but get no display (iTunes, App Store).

Other (not Apple Services) are also affected:

- Microsofts onenote (app)

- Starface UCC Client (Connector to VOIP PBX)

Other cloud services like Dropbox are working.

I reinstalled El Capitan, cleared PRAM, fixed permissions, tried to isolate SSL issues. Unfortunately no luck.

On all my other machines (macmini, airbook, imac) the update worked fine and all services run.

Hope there will be a fix for this...

Regards, Martin

Oct 1, 2015 11:42 AM in response to qtmc

Hello Martin

Problems I have are on 2014 iMac 5K. I did all what you did on it to no avail. I also removed antivirus, disabled firewall, and removed VPN to no avail. Because I need this Mac for my work I reverted it back to Yosemite. After that I tried to upgrade MaBook Pro (2011) and voila, everything works fine. That gives me a hint that problem is not with hardware but as mmpro suggested is in certificates. I'll follow his instructions later today.

Will keep everyone updated

Regards

Paul

Oct 1, 2015 10:42 PM in response to mmpro

Thank you mmpro, removing the Verisign certifcates fixed it.

What I did (according to the provided link by mmpro):

1. Go to Application > Utilities > Keychain Access.app

2. Select "login" (loft/top) and certificate (left/bottom) -> be sure certificates order is by name

3. Select all Verisign certificates (remember login/certificates) and export them (right click) to your local disc

4. Delete these certificates from your KeyChain

5. Restart your system

This fixed the App Store, iTunes, iCloud, even OneDrive.

But unfortunately not my VOIP PBX Client.

Anyway, thanks to everyone in this list :-)

Regards, Martin

Cannot connect to the App Store / Safari problems with SSL certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.