Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain "login" cannot be found to store "xxxxxxxxx".

Upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan. I get this error when I try to login to iCloud settings inside of system preferences. I've tried Keychain first aid, disk permission reset and verify disk in Disk Utility. I've also rebooted and reset PRAM.

I also get an error "This mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "my email @ email.com"

iMac Core i7 + MacBook Air + Dell Latitude i7, + 30" Dell LCD + iPad + iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 4 Terabytes of external Storage and a 1Tb Time Capsule

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:44 AM

Hello AdamJackson1984,

It sounds like your local keychain is having trouble storing your iCloud information when you try to log in. Based on the information you have provided already, I would next delete the login keychain so it can be recreated.

Delete a keychain

Important: If you delete a keychain, all its information is deleted. But you can recover its items later as long as you know its password.

Open Keychain Access for me

Delete a keychain

1. If keychains are hidden, choose View > Show Keychains.

2. Select a keychain in the Keychains list.

3. Choose File > Delete Keychain [keychain name].

4. Click Delete References.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2015 9:44 AM in response to adamjackson1984

Hello AdamJackson1984,

It sounds like your local keychain is having trouble storing your iCloud information when you try to log in. Based on the information you have provided already, I would next delete the login keychain so it can be recreated.

Delete a keychain

Important: If you delete a keychain, all its information is deleted. But you can recover its items later as long as you know its password.

Open Keychain Access for me

Delete a keychain

1. If keychains are hidden, choose View > Show Keychains.

2. Select a keychain in the Keychains list.

3. Choose File > Delete Keychain [keychain name].

4. Click Delete References.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 2, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Yuri Lukyanov

I am but Junos itself was beach balling in my menu bar so I fully uninstalled it. I don't need it for another week so I'm going to wait to reinstall again. There's always my Parallels installation if it doesn't work and I need to log into the office.

But as far as the Keychain + Junos link, I still had keychain issues a while and a few restarts after uninstalling Junos so I don't know how linked they were.

Oct 4, 2015 12:58 AM in response to adamjackson1984

Hello, the 5.0.11 version can be found here :

http://remoteaccess.uconn.edu/vpn-overview/connect-via-vpn-client/

it works fine in my El Capitan installation, though I had the same keychain issues initially. I have removed all connections and reinstalled the Junos Pulse client.

I did NOT move any keychain files, it was not necessary in my case, all is back to normal.

Oct 6, 2015 3:03 PM in response to adamjackson1984

I have encountered the same issue.

I did move out the files in /Library/Keychain, and that seemed to have helped the OS situation a bit. For starters, my Wifi password seems to be remembered.

But, I still do not get Chrome to save my passwords; it used to, but it does not seem to save them anymore since I upgraded to El Capitan, and it seems to have wiped all my passwords with no reason. I am quite confused about this. Should there be an interaction between the keychain issue and Chrome ? (to me, it was two separate things...).

Keychain "login" cannot be found to store "xxxxxxxxx".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.