Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paused the El Capitan download and now is frozen in waiting

I was downloading El Capitan but I had to pause it and now it won't start again and is frozen on waitng...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 8:14 AM

This happened to me too. So, I just went into my LAUNCHPAND and clicked and held down for 2 seconds until the icons start shaking and showing the 'X' to delete. I deleted the unfinished El Capitan download and re-downloaded it. Now, it is fine.

8 replies

Oct 1, 2015 8:33 PM in response to caab89

I had the same problem. I got a message that it would finish downloading in 53 minutes. Two hours later it was still downloading in 53 minutes. I went to bed and the next morning it said it would finish in 1 second. After it did that for 2.5 hours I gave up and shut the machine off. I know this is a bad idea but had run out of patience. In return it trashed by OS so now I'm jumping through hoops to back up the drive then I will repartition it and do a clean install. I'm not sure I have the patience to waste any more time on El Capitan. It seems to be a very poorly written installer. Really bad form Apple!

I paused the El Capitan download and now is frozen in waiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.