Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with Broken iPod 4th Generation

I have an iPod 4 will charge obviously because I can tell the battery level increases. Though it will not show as though it's charging. Really weird.... My girlfriend recently gave it to me to try and fix because she thought it was just broke, but the only thing I see is the fact it's not showing it's charging, though it is. When the iPod is dead it DOES show that its charging to be able to turn itself on ( the red battery symbol when charging after it dies ) but other than that, after it turns on, it doesn't say it's charging anymore, yet it is. Also along with this, the iPod will not connect to computer but will charge, along with the problem it's charging but doesn't show it is. My girlfriend sent it back to Apple before and told her that it was dropped in liquid because the indicator in the headphone jack was pink. Yet it's not, its still white as though its never been. So that's not the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated because this is getting quite annoying. Thank You!

P.S. The iPod was only used for about 6 months before this problem occurred and was just left alone for I think 2 years until recently.

iPod 4th Generation

iOS 6.1.6

32GB

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 7:11 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Vizik

Do you have an Apple store nearby? If so make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Try restoring the iPod via iTunes:

First:

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

Or

See

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

Yu can also go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Settings and Content and resetup the device.

Need help with Broken iPod 4th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.