Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant download configurator on macbook air. This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later

Hi Everyone. I hope this is in the correct place.

I've got OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 on a macbook air. I've gone into the appstore to update configurator from 1.5 to 1.7.2. Every time I try to download it, I get as far as clicking 'update' then entering the password (which I am not entering incorrectly) and I get the error message:

This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

I have tested that the internet works and I have managed to get the 'Pages' and 'Keynote' app to update so there is no issue with the connection.

Please can someone help as I am really needing to update all the iPads so some apps that the teachers need to use can work.

Many thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Configurator 1.5

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 9:31 AM

Hello,

I think i found a way to fix this.

First make sure that Configurator and AppStore are not running and then go to Applications folder and move the "Apple Configurator" application to a thumb drive, and eject the drive. This will delete only the application, your database and Configurator settings are ok and will not be touched by this.

Then open the AppStore and go to purchased and you will find Apple Configurator there with and just press the "Install" button and should work.

Let me now if this fixed your problem.

Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 9:31 AM in response to GreenwayFirstSchool

Hello,

I think i found a way to fix this.

First make sure that Configurator and AppStore are not running and then go to Applications folder and move the "Apple Configurator" application to a thumb drive, and eject the drive. This will delete only the application, your database and Configurator settings are ok and will not be touched by this.

Then open the AppStore and go to purchased and you will find Apple Configurator there with and just press the "Install" button and should work.

Let me now if this fixed your problem.

Thank you.

cant download configurator on macbook air. This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.