Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with apps already accepted

For about a week a badge has appeared on the App Store icon indicating that I have an update of iPhoto available. However, when I click on the Update icon, I get a message that "These apps have already been accepted. These apps were already assigned to your Apple ID and are available in your Purchases list." I then click on OK, and it says, "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later." Is there any way to get rid of this request to update iPhoto? I have already migrated to the new Photos app, so I am wondering why I am getting this prompt in the first place.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 8:08 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 4:42 PM in response to harryfrommansfield center

I got the same error after upgrading to El Capitan and was finally able to get rid of it.

Like you, I had already migrated to the new Photos app long ago but was getting the prompt to update iPhoto. So I did some exploring. In Finder, I noticed that there was still an iPhoto app listed under applications, but the icon was crossed out, disabled. I clicked the icon anyway and received a helpful system prompt telling me to update the app before launching it [sigh]. So I dragged the disabled iPhoto app to the trash can. Now when I go into the app store, it doesn't appear on my update list, and I no longer get the annoying prompt that you reported. (And yes; the Photos app still works.)

Problem with apps already accepted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.