Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar issues since upgrading to iOS 9.0.2 on 5S

I am unable to update the Alerts I set up for an event in the Calendar since upgrading to iOS 9 on my 5S. For example, I set up two alerts when I create an event; 1 week and 2 hours before the event. When I am alerted one week out, I want to change that to 2 days. When I do that, the 2 hr alert that I originally set changes to 2 days. Both alerts are the same no matter what I do.

Also, I am unable to open a specific day when in the Month view of the calendar. I have to tap on "Today" and scroll to the date I need.

HELP!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 12:20 PM

Can anyone help me with this!?

25 replies

Oct 3, 2015 12:44 PM in response to kkuff

I've been having a similar issue while trying to establish alerts in a new calendar item or just updating a calendar event that was already in place. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to what is changed when entering them. I've taken to entering the first alert in the second position and the alert time neatest the event in the first alert position. Sometimes I have to enter and re-enter the alerts multiple times before i get the times I want. It has never seemed to matter which alert was in what position as they would still happen in the correct chronological order irrespective of the slot they were entered in. However, in the past I have never had one entry change the other to an identical one, that has only started happening since the advent of iOS9.

Oct 4, 2015 5:57 AM in response to D J Pepe

DJ,

I just set up a new event and the same thing happened to me with the alerts. I was trying to establish two separate alerts but it kept changing to one or the other, which is similar to my original post of changing an event that was already in my calendar. This is very frustrating, but I'm glad someone else is having the same issue as me. Maybe someone will take note and do another update to the iOS!

KK

Oct 4, 2015 6:13 AM in response to sberman

Thank you, that worked. But, why change something so minor? To drive us crazy?! I think the changes to the calendar are horrible. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine just got an iPhone and she hates the calendar, among other things. She told me that as soon as she can, she is going back to what she had.

I understand it is personal choice but the calendar is too complicated now. I just gave my 4S, with iOS 9, to my 78 y/o mother. I won't show her how to use the calendar until this issue is fixed.

Oct 4, 2015 7:04 AM in response to kkuff

It seems that when you first set up a calendar item and enter the 2 alerts you want it may reverse their display order but It will still alert you the way you wanted if you don't try to change anything before adding the event to your calendar. The problem seems to come when trying to change an alert item to something else. I makes no difference if it is a calendar item that was previously entered or if you are still trying to enter a new calendar item, if you make a change to either of the alerts, after its initial entry, that is when the problem arises. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what is happening and when trying to get the desired results you have to try multiple times in different entry orders to get it to finally accept the entries you want. Weird!!

Oct 8, 2015 7:56 PM in response to kkuff

Having calendar alert issue . I put a time like 1 hour alert then put in second alert 30 minutes before then I look at the first alert went to 30 minutes and second 1 hour before. Put in a time for the first alert for 1 hour set the second want to put 30 minutes it set both of them 30 minutes . with IOS 9.02

Oct 10, 2015 8:52 AM in response to ddliles

I Am having same issue with alerts. I've tried several things and looked online for answers and even was in a different string of apple support issues about calendars and the person trying to help me couldn't get their alerts to act up like mine is. My wife's phone is doing the same thing. Can't set two alerts without them both ending up the same. Has to be a bug but really frustrating

Oct 11, 2015 2:29 PM in response to kkuff

I would really like someone from Apple Support to chime in on this. At least tell us they are looking into it.

The only thing I've been doing is changing the alerts to what I want, until I get what I want! But, it is VERY frustrating.

Maybe I should post this issue in a different "community" to get Apple Support to look at this.

Oct 11, 2015 2:33 PM in response to kkuff

kkuff wrote:

I would really like someone from Apple Support to chime in on this. At least tell us they are looking into it.

Maybe I should post this issue in a different "community" to get Apple Support to look at this.

Maybe instead, you should read the Use Agreement that you agreed to by using these communities. Apple will not chime in here, and there is no other community into which they will do so either.

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement

Calendar issues since upgrading to iOS 9.0.2 on 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.