Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist is gone after renewing subscription

So I officially signed up for Apple Music today after my 3month free trial period ended..

However as soon as I did that my playlists disappeared along with all the songs on it.

I tried going on my MacBook and same thing happened on iTunes..

Is there anyway to get my playlists back?!

Thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:44 AM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2015 11:07 AM in response to rhimsta

I did the same thing as well. I have an iPad mini 2 and an iPhone 6+. My itunes has the same music as my iPad mini 2 and it contains both of my playlists my iPhone 6+ has no playlists, but it has the same music library. One of my playlists has hundreds of songs on it. I saw a message about an itunes match subscription not being renewed? Was itunes match a part of the Apple Music preview? Was itunes match a part of Apple Music? Apple Music should include itunes match then. Apple Music is basically itunes match with improvements. Why have my playlists disappeared on my iPhone 6+, but not my iPad mini 2 or PC? Is there a way I can switch this so my iPhone 6+ syncs the playlists if this is a single device sync only policy? I thought that with Apple Music that streaming playlists were stored in icloud or at least on a server somewhere.

Oct 1, 2015 11:32 AM in response to rhimsta

Just guessing here, but did you allow the Apple Music subscription to lapse (having turned off Automatic Renewal) and then signed up for it again? Because that lapse will remove your playlists and Apple Music saved titles as it will also discontinue your use of iCloud Music Library which does the "storing" and syncing of saved music and playlists.

As far as iTunes Match - not exactly the same and not part of Apple Music (which does include iCloud Music Library which is similar). Main differences are (1) where your music library is matched to on Apple's system - iTunes Match uses the iTunes Store and iCloud Music Library uses Apple Music and (2) whether or not the tracks you download to your devices have DRM applied to them - Apple Music yes, iTunes Match no.

playlist is gone after renewing subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.