Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp slows down macbook pro

i have a macbook pro with OS X el capitan and i installed a bootcamp windows partition and eve since my macbook pro has slowed down when i start up my macbook pro. is this true for anyone else, and should i delete my boot camp partition, i am using a conventional hard drive. any help would be great?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), MID 2012 edition

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:06 AM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Loner T

When ever I start up my MacBook it has a very slow startup time and tends to freeze when it does startup, also when I try running some applications it take longer then expected to get them running as well as sometime switching between them. Also I have another custom built of with Windows desktop just as an FYI. Any help would be great thanks.

Oct 1, 2015 9:33 AM in response to phantom1421

The HD may be fragmented. OSX handles it a lot better than Windows, but it does get slower. You can first just try restoring OSX from a Time Machine backup after erasing just the OSX partition. If that does not work, then your drive can be erased and both Windows and oSX can be restored or Windows can be reinstalled.

What is the current version of Windows? Is it possible to reinstall Windows, if the drive is completely erased?

Bootcamp slows down macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.