Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean my keyboard

I spilled a drink on my keyboard and now the keys are sticky. How can I clean my keyboard? Its not the keyboard on my laptop, its the Apply Keyboard with Numeric Keypad connected to my MacPro laptop.

As well, not sure which community I should be in because there isn't one specific to Apply keyboards.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 9:56 AM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2015 10:30 AM in response to seventy one

Sorry about that. I should have been more specific. I don't think the liquid got down any further. The keyboard still works. Just some of the keys are sticky. I was very quick to turn the keyboard upside down when I spilled my drink. So as I find a key stinking, I remove it and clean it and seems to be better. Thank you.

Oct 1, 2015 10:38 AM in response to daniellefromkitchener

Thank you for clarifying the situation, Danielle. That was a truly rapid reaction. 😀

If, however, the keys start to play up, I'm afraid there are no means of repairing such damage. These accidents need immediate response (as you have done), packing the board in dry rice and leaving it for a couple of weeks. But once you turn it on, the heat generated hardens the contamination.

How to clean my keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.