Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The best Gmail client?

Hi,

I've been using a Macbook pro for 12 months and never really liked the native Apple mail app for Gmail. I've ended up using Outlook, but it disconnects all the time. Anyway, I was hoping I could get some recommendations for a good quality Gmail client.

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:38 AM

Airmail is good, but if you tell us what you don't like about Mail or what you would like, then it would be easier to point you in a direction.

4 replies

Oct 1, 2015 11:34 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks for the reply. I had trouble with Apple Mail/Gmail randomly telling me the passwords were incorrect and I would have liked the ability to not automatically download images and connect to ad servers. There were more niggles at the time, but I can't think what they all were as it was a year ago when I tried it.

Neat, easy to use interface, lots of customiseable options but with rock solid reliability is what I'm after.

I was kind of hoping there would be a Google Gmail app for mac by now!

Thanks.

Oct 1, 2015 12:26 PM in response to Monkey_Chops

I had trouble with Apple Mail/Gmail randomly telling me the passwords were incorrect

This is always a risk as services and apps go offline/come back online. I see that sometimes, but only rarely.

and I would have liked the ability to not automatically download images and connect to ad servers.

Are you dealing with HTML email? I just set Mail to ignore that and present it as text.

The best Gmail client?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.