Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro doesn't start

Hi community,

When I started my MacPro 2009(Mountain Lion), I heard the chime sounds and the monitor showed the boot-up white screen, but then the computer went blank right afterwards. I did buy new memory cards, but that didn't help either. I appreciate if I could get any tips or advice from you all on how to fix this problem. Hope to hear from you all. Thank you.

Final Cut Studio '09, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:02 AM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Johntr18

Try holding Option as soon as you hear the chime. Select Macintosh HD (or whatever your hard drive's name is) and see if it boots.

When you say "memory card" are you talking about new RAM? Did this happen before you installed more memory or after? Either way, I would reset the NVRAM any time RAM is replaced.

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 1, 2015 7:27 PM in response to Johntr18

Resetting NVRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
  6. Release the keys.

MacPro doesn't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.