Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 6 and 6s have the same screen replacement?

I have cracked my iPhone 6s screen less than a week after I got it. Is the replacement screen the same for an iPhone 6 and a 6S? I was thinking they would be different due to the 3D touch feature in iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2017 4:07 PM

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this but why do you say it's not user serviceable? Unscrew two tiny screws and you're in the phone. Disconnect 4 little pin connection points and your screen is off. It's probably the easiest cell phone to replace a screen on in the history of cell phones.

5 replies

Sep 2, 2017 5:56 PM in response to EdoubleU

EdoubleU wrote:

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this but why do you say it's not user serviceable?

Because it's not. Apple does not sell iPhone parts. It's not possible for you to buy an original screen other than one that's either been salvaged from another phone, or stolen. The only other option is counterfeit parts.

Even attempting the replacement yourself will permanently forfeit all rights to service and support on that device. Just pay Apple to do the replacement. Anything else is just plain stupid.

Sep 9, 2017 9:03 AM in response to KiltedTim

"Plain stupid", in my eyes, is getting charged double because of a company's monopolizing business practice and people such as yourself who are handing out disinformation to others.

Do you realize how many iPhones are not under warranty? Why pay double if the option is there to not? Do you think that Apple has some magical fairy dust that they sprinkle on their parts to make them somehow special? As soon as the very first one goes out, there are companies mass reproducing screens and their components with the exact same things that Apple uses to make them. So you're saying Apple is plain stupid then?

<Edited by Host>

Does the iPhone 6 and 6s have the same screen replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.