Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo stream on second Apple TV

I recently added a second Apple TV device. While I have access to my music library, I am not able to access my photo stream on this second device. It keeps prompting me to turn on Home sharing which is already on. How can I get the second Apple TV to show my photo stream like my first Apple TV does?

iMac, iOS 7.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 4:27 PM

The photo stream has nothing to do with home sharing, it is accessed via the iCloud Photos icon.

4 replies

Oct 1, 2015 6:07 PM in response to vazandrew

On the Apple TV via screen saver, I can choose and/or create any album to be shown while my music is playing. My iTunes library, stored on my Mac, has home sharing turned on and allows me to choose the album(s) I want displayed. This works on the Apple TV in my livingroom but not on the second Apple TV, yet my music, which also requires home sharing to be on, is all there. I'm thinking it is either an iPhoto glitch or an iTunes glitch. I have restarted both my Mac and second Apple TV but still cannot get the photo stream to work. I appreciate your input though. Thanks.

Oct 2, 2015 7:32 AM in response to vazandrew

I ended up talking with Apple Support. The confusion came with the fact one Apple TV was showing the photo stream while the other was not. iCloud photos needed to be turned on in order for my library photos to appear on the Apple TV screen. Neither Apple TV was showing the photos link in my library on screen. Apple was not sure why I was able to see the photo stream on the first device without the iCloud photos turned on. The technician said it could have been due to it being set up on the previous Apple TV (now at college with my daughter). In any event, I am now able to see the album(s) I want on both TVs. Again, thank you for your guidance. Between you and Apple Support, it's up and running. 🙂

Photo stream on second Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.