Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Native Print Preview crashes when trying to print from Web App on Homescreen...causes app freeze

Our company runs a system for a government entity utilizes a Web App interface for iOS. The Web App is saved to the Homescreen to be used. As part of the app, there is a simple screen that must be printed (an official "Certificate") in the form of an HTML page.

We have updated a few of our iPads to iOS 9. Now when the on-screen Print button is pressed (javascript), it yields the new Printer Options box...that immediately freezes and locks up the app. I assume it fails trying to load the print preview, as it s not shown.

The App must then be manually closed.

Has anyone experienced ANY similar issues with the new printing functionality on iOS 9? Or specifically with the Print Preview not loading?

Perhaps there are special formatting/dimension restrictions that must be considered when designing pages to be printed?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, Occurs on all versions of iOS 9

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:41 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 6:01 AM in response to BG IS Edinburgh

Unfortunately we have not found a solution.

I originally submitted a ticket to Apple about it and they replied back with an uninformative and generic response of "Engineering has determined that your bug report (22895748) is a duplicate of another issue (22798250) and will be closed."

Which apparently is their way of saying they are aware of the issue without telling you anything. Hopefully it will get addressed soon.

My thoughts are that there must be some design constraints to the design of a page for it to be able to be successfully rendered in the Print Preview?

I have not found much information on issues like this or help on print preview...

iOS 9 Native Print Preview crashes when trying to print from Web App on Homescreen...causes app freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.