Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do apple still have support for iPhone 5

My iPhone 5 fell into a tub full of water. I took like in 2-5 seconds, which is quite quick. It was working correctly so i didn't bother to switch it off, just put dryer

on it. But next day it was switched off and only show the sign "charge it."

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:38 AM

Apple can provide an out of warranty replacement for your device for much less cost than a new device. Go to an Apple store and talk with them. Your device is probably toast and even it comes back to life will probably never work right again.

4 replies

Oct 1, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Husain Naseer

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

Out-of-warranty* cost:

iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $269

if you have applecare+, it covers 2 cases of accidental damage including water damage. fee of $79 to have it replaced

applecare can do it over the mail by express shipping -- they will place a hold on your credit card for approx $269+tax as insurance until they receive your old device. as well as being charged the $79 for the express replacement

if you have an applestore nearby, go there.

if it shows the charge symbol. leave it plugged in for 10-20 minutes, if it takes longer than that to start, leave it on for a day, if you can get it up and running call apple for a diagnostics test to see if the battery is having issues.

Do apple still have support for iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.