Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse red light does not come on

All was well with the magic mouse, new batteries even. Next morning it would not track. Green light says batteries are fine but put new ones in anyway. Then noticed that the red (laser?) light was off and no matter what, it won't light up. Is the mouse well and truly dead? Or is there some way to replace that bulb?

Macbook 13" Retina display, mid 2015, OS 10.10.5

Gail

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS 10.10.5, magic mouse

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:09 PM

What red light? My Magic mouse has never had a red light. Try a matt non reflective material as a mouse mat, then a clean white sheet of paper. Come back and tell us if it makes any difference.

5 replies

Oct 5, 2015 1:19 PM in response to seventy one

Thanks for the answers! But yesterday late afternoon I went up to a computer store and brought the magic mouse. A very helpful geek person too the mouse and went over to another Mac and managed to connect, pair and actually move the cursor.

It seems that just a plain restart sometimes doesn't clear enough - whatever it is inside laptops that have been on for too long - and it needs several minutes of downtime. Upon restarting, the magic mouse became well-behaved and docile.

The red light never has come on again, however, so I'm thinking that it's redundant. Someday when I have lots of time I will look up just why that light is there if it's not needed.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my frantic at the time question.

Gail

magic mouse red light does not come on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.